gold mountslip identification

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
belmontfa
Organisation: Belmont Fine Arts
Interests: Walking my dog, holidays, diy, reading, painting.

gold mountslip identification

Post by belmontfa »

Does anyone know where this comes from? trying to match it for a client and cant find it anywhere.... :head:

6mm deep, 3mm wide on front, bright gold, looks like foil as opposed to leaf...
Attachments
gold slip.JPG
gold slip.JPG (576.78 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: gold mountslip identification

Post by Not your average framer »

I guess not very many will remember the long gone Origin framing supplies, but they had a bare wood slip / moulding (0117 ramin) which was pretty much bang on the right size to match that. I know that you think that it's a foil finish, but there are ways of getting really close to looking like a foil finish by other means.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
belmontfa
Organisation: Belmont Fine Arts
Interests: Walking my dog, holidays, diy, reading, painting.

Post by belmontfa »

Thanks Mark, no I don't remember origin, I think ive found it from Rose and Hollis, just waiting on sample turning up. Thanks for your reply though.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

The sample you are copying is quite stunning, you might consider making a display sample to show future customers, I think you might get other orders for that as well.

BTW, I the only Rose and Hollis moulding I can see that looks anything like this is A239, but looking at the photo I would not have connected A239 with the photo. Is that the one that it is?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer