Swiss clips

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Swiss clips

Post by Ed209 »

Got a job in that he wants in a clip frame that I need to cut to size approx 750 x 480mm never done one before was looking at the Swiss clips on Lion but there are other brands. Can you string your hanging chord across the clips or do they make something for the job?
Any pointers re-clip frames, in general, would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prospero

Re: Swiss clips

Post by prospero »

Best to rivet d-rings to the backer. :D

That's a fairly biggish clipframe. Hope you smooth the glass edges well. :roll: 6mm acylic glazing would be safer.

Personally, I avoid this type of frame like the plague. :shake:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

As prospero said, this type of job is time consuming for the amount you can charge for it

Yoou will need to smooth the edges of the glass (don't forget the corners, no sharp corners ) you will need to rivet d-rings into the backing, as if you string from the clips, when the picture is hung and it leans forward, it will pull the clips out, leaving the string and 2 clips hanging from the picture hook in the wall and the rest of the clipframe on the floor :sweating:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Customers choose clip frames because they want it cheap, I don't really think that this is something we should be wasting our time producing. Sorry to be negative about this, but there's not much prospect of making any worthwhile profit from producing clip frames, so why do it?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer