SILVER METALISED PLAQUE FOR SPORTS SHIRT FRAMES

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

SILVER METALISED PLAQUE FOR SPORTS SHIRT FRAMES

Post by DEEPJOY »

I have been lucky in the past in finding a brushed metallic card that I successfully printed on in my inkjet printer. I used these as plaques / name plates in shirt framing to denoted who or what the shirt signified. I cannot get the card anymore and everything I have tried, has smudged or faded. Historically the plaques or name plates I did, were a real hit and looked very professional, but I think it was most definitely down to the paper / card I used.

I have had success with a laser printer but this was always as a favour from a friend.I have also had to have the plaques made at a trophy engraving shop, I think via a sublimation printing process. These have been £10 plus and required a couple of journeys to organise and collect them.

Any ideas? :head:
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Re: SILVER METALISED PLAQUE FOR SPORTS SHIRT FRAMES

Post by YPF »

In the past I have created a plaque and printed on photo paper. Create a box and fill it with silver (or any other desired colour) and then add required text over the top.

I think I have done this using Word, PowerPoint and Photoshop Elements
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk