Ricky
Organisation: Barnard Castle Framers.
Interests: Art, Photography,Ceramics,
Restoration.Horses.

Moulding ID

Post by Ricky »

IMG_E0214.JPG
IMG_E0214.JPG (5.2 MiB) Viewed 1499 times
Any heads up on this one guy's it may have been a radius/sisslings Moulding.

it's a silver'ish gilt
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Moulding ID

Post by Not your average framer »

Looks like a moulding from the 70's, or the 80's. I'm not going to guess who made it, but there's always a chance that some one might have some of it tucked away in a corner somewhere. Therefore, it's worth asking what the back / outside edge looks like? It's surprising what some one might still have tucked away somewhere.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
prospero

Post by prospero »

That looks like a Scharf moulding from the '80s. :roll:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I thought so too, but that sort of moulding was all the rage then, so most suppliers did something along the same lines. When I bought a lot of left over stock when starting off, I ended up with loads of moulding fairly similar to that, plus some pinks from the Y-range which some will remember.

The Y-range was a different shape, but pink was very popular then, particularly with some many customers buying prints by artists like Sarah Moon as pinks and mauves were in at that time. I can't give frames away using pink mouldings these days.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer