Football display cases

Ask for and give assistance

Football display cases

Postby JonathanB » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:34 am

Good morning everyone -
I have a signed football to frame and my client would like to have this presented in an acrylic box. I'm then going to make a plinth for the box and following a previous suggestion from Mark Lacey, I'm going to insert a mirror in the base so that all the signatures show up well (thanks Mark). I'm sure I remember a thread on here some time ago, but for the life of me I can't find it. Does anybody know of a supplier of top quality boxes that would fit the bill? I've found one in Lion which is quite expensive and lots on the internet that are not. Cost is not particularly an issue providing the quality is there. Does anybody have any feedback on the best place to try? Has anybody used the Lion product?
Many thanks
Jonathan
JonathanB

Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Gunnar Computerised Mountcutters

Re: Football display cases

Postby Steve N » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 am

I got a Sports shirt display case from these guys https://www.dreamkeepers.co.uk/football-display-case, very happy with the product, in fact I had it custom made as it was for a denim jacket, only problem with the jacket display case was it came on a pallet, so carriage was £50.00 , but it might be different for a football case
Steve CEO GCF (020)
"Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Steve N

Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhond,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Postby featurepiece » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:55 am

Yes, I can recommend those guys too. I've used them in the past with good service
featurepiece

Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Postby Not your average framer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Not your average framer

Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Postby JonathanB » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:28 pm

Apologies for the delay in replying and thank you for your advice and help. I've now spoken to Barry at Dreamkeepers who seems very helpful and appears to gave exactly what I need at a reasonable price. Crucially he can supply the cover on its own which allows a framer to make a custom made base. Thanks again, Jonathan
JonathanB

Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Return to Help!

• Advertisement

Picture Framer's Trade Directory
Picture Framer's Oracle

Members Map Header
Members Map
More info
Resources Header
Contact Forum Admin