Football display cases

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Football display cases

Post by JonathanB »

Good morning everyone -
I have a signed football to frame and my client would like to have this presented in an acrylic box. I'm then going to make a plinth for the box and following a previous suggestion from Mark Lacey, I'm going to insert a mirror in the base so that all the signatures show up well (thanks Mark). I'm sure I remember a thread on here some time ago, but for the life of me I can't find it. Does anybody know of a supplier of top quality boxes that would fit the bill? I've found one in Lion which is quite expensive and lots on the internet that are not. Cost is not particularly an issue providing the quality is there. Does anybody have any feedback on the best place to try? Has anybody used the Lion product?
Many thanks
Jonathan
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Football display cases

Post by Steve N »

I got a Sports shirt display case from these guys https://www.dreamkeepers.co.uk/football-display-case, very happy with the product, in fact I had it custom made as it was for a denim jacket, only problem with the jacket display case was it came on a pallet, so carriage was £50.00 , but it might be different for a football case
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Yes, I can recommend those guys too. I've used them in the past with good service
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

This might be the thread you are looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16521&p=127069&hil ... es#p127069
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Post by JonathanB »

Apologies for the delay in replying and thank you for your advice and help. I've now spoken to Barry at Dreamkeepers who seems very helpful and appears to gave exactly what I need at a reasonable price. Crucially he can supply the cover on its own which allows a framer to make a custom made base. Thanks again, Jonathan
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)