No way round this?

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

No way round this?

Post by Trinity »

I need to cut a 34mm wide moulding to 1515 length so I'd be putting the 34 on 1515,and oops the morso runs out at 1500mm, Is there any way round this using the morso? Anyone done this please?
Thanks
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
China shop
Organisation: Framing shop & Gallery
Interests: Sport, framing

Re: No way round this?

Post by China shop »

We use a saw but the same principal. Mark your own measuring scale onto a piece of wood and either clamp it to your morso arm or get someone to hold it while you set your moulding in position.
Roger
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

Well I've done it and luck or not it worked out fine.
I laid a length of moulding along the artwork, marked and cut it. Checked it, then put it on the morso bed butting it up to the blades at max cut. Put the other length on top and with the morso at max cut again pressed down to capture where the cut should go. Removed 1st moulding and then cut the second moulding to the mark. Spot on.
But I'd be keen to know of any other tips please.

$30 beach painting, done in gloss paints which cracked when it was rolled, but it looks good.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
theframer
Organisation: Icon Framers Ltd
Interests: football,fishing

Post by theframer »

Get your tape measure and lay it along the morso scale with the same corresponding numbers and then just follow the tape with your stop as you would with the normal scale