Framing wallpaper job for someone

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
worriedwizard

Framing wallpaper job for someone

Post by worriedwizard »

Hi, I’m a part time framer and I was asked to frame a piece of wallpaper by someone I work full time with, it wasn’t until I picked it up that I realised how big it was, the customer wants it without glass on a board with a moulding they have picked from the lion catalog. The size of the frame is approx. 1.5 mtrs wide by 1.6 mtrs long. It is to large for my workshop and I wouldn’t be able to get it back to the customer as it will be to large for my car. I will gladly pass it on to anyone willing to do it and you can deal with the customer direct, I can delievery it to you, in the birmingham, Walsall area. Thanks :clap:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Framing wallpaper job for someone

Post by Not your average framer »

I've never understood why people frame wallpaper. It just makes no sense to me. I've had customers ask me to frame wall paper only to hang it on a wall already covered with the same wall paper. Is this considered trendy to do this? I can't see the point.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer