How much is this Morso worth?

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Dooban
Organisation: Framing Co Grantham
Interests: Films etc

How much is this Morso worth?

Post by Dooban »

Hello everyone.

I have to admit, I'm not really a framer.

However, I have been clearing out my dads house after he had a stroke and have come across some of his equipment.

This includes a Morso Mitre Cutter (I've attached some pics) and also some Plan chests.

I was hoping someone could help me with how much I should be trying to sell these for?

The other option is just put them on Ebay and hope for the best, but I'd at least like to have a ball park figure.

I thank you so much for any assistance any one can provide.
Moreso_Top.jpg
Moreso_Measure.jpg
Moreso_Label.jpg
Moreso_Full.jpg
Moreso_Front.jpg
Moreso_Blade.jpg
Plan Chest Full.jpg
Plan_Chest_Front.jpg
Plan_chest_Label.jpg
Plan_Chest_Side.jpg
prospero

Re: How much is this Morso worth?

Post by prospero »

Hi Dooban. :D

What's it worth? It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. :lol:

It looks in pretty good nick (better than mine). At a wild guess I'd say an 1980s model. These machines are built to last
and hold their value, so if it has no major damage it's probably worth what it cost new. About £600. Whether you can get that
for it is another matter, but that's the sort of figure you should be pitching at. Has it any spare blades? The blades alone cost about
£200 a set new.

The plan chests are quite sought after items. Cost a bomb new. If those work OK (no wobbly bits or sticky drawers) any cosmetic damage
doesn't really affect the value significantly. I'd maybe try for 200-250. :wink:

Hard to say more accurately without a closer look and it depends on how quick you want sell them.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Dooban
Organisation: Framing Co Grantham
Interests: Films etc

Post by Dooban »

Ah brill,

Thanks so much!
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

If you search ebay for Morso F and check the "SOLD" box in the filters, you'll see that recently they have sold from £200 upwards.
Plan chests go from £200-£450 i think.
I recently bought a plan chest. Its very helpful when the seller can suggest a local courier who can palletise it (strap, wrap and put it on a pallet).
If this one is over 100cms long it would need to be on its side, otherwise it will cost the buyer the price of 2 pallets.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer