Cs79

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
TIMETOFRAME
Organisation: TIME TO FRAME
Interests: CYCLING, DOG WALKING AND HOLIDAYS

Cs79

Post by TIMETOFRAME »

Hi This is probably an easy fix for most of you guys, but my underpinner is making a clunking noise before it pushes the pin in. It’s like the cartridge won’t push in all the way. Should I be able to see the top of the hammer when cartridge isn’t in there🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ (I'm unsure how to word it)
Picture might help explain. Excuse the state of it but it's a well loved underpinned lol
TIMETOFRAME

Re: Cs79

Post by TIMETOFRAME »

Cs79
Cs79
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I had a CS79 when I first started. Essentially it has the same mechanism as the CS88, which I currently use. There is a nut underneath the top plate, with an allen key screw sticky out of one side of the nut. This nut sets the maximum height of the hammer blade travel, but unless the allen key screw has come loose, leave well alone as the trobble will be somewhere else

There is an aluminium pulley at the top of the pedal cable which can jam and need it's pivoting surfaces re-lubricated. If this pulley is not freerunning the pedal cable may become worn and damaged. Damaged pedal cables easily jam up the correct movement of the pedal cable and limit the full movement of the hammer blade, causing problems inserting wedges correctly.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
TIMETOFRAME

Post by TIMETOFRAME »

Ahh thank you Mark, that's really helpful. Will have another look today :D :)