Polymer being discontinued???

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
petemoor
Organisation: Growing Places
Interests: Dogs, Caravaning, Wine

Polymer being discontinued???

Post by petemoor »

Hi all

I have been using a limited number of Polymer/Minerva mouldings. I see that Lion are no longer selling the ones I've been using, Larson-Juhl and Centrado only sell in box quantities, which is too much for me to buy ....

Is there any-one else selling in length or pack quantities ......???

Cheers

Pete
grahamdown
Organisation: The Village Framer
Interests: Photography, Mountainbiking

Re: Polymer being discontinued???

Post by grahamdown »

try Simons - they manufacture their own
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Polymer being discontinued???

Post by Not your average framer »

This is probably not that surprising, considering the current situation with the covid difficulties. Reducing the range of some items may be a way of reducing cash flow committments and keeping suppliers in good financial shape. Have you considered looking at the mouldings in the mainline polcore range, or the Simons Emafil range.

I don't suppose that they will have the exact same mouldings, but you may find mouldings that are a bit similar perhaps. I,m guess that we may have to get used to things like this happen a bit more during these difficult times and may have to be a bit adaptable for a while. Other regular basic moulding that you depend on may be worth buying some reserve stock of to allow for unknown times ahead.

Hopefully you won't need to spend an excessive amount to do this. I've been thinking about problems like this, as a possibility and during June I stocked up of a few cheaper basic pine mouldings to see me through a few weeks, or months. I'm not talking about spending crazy amounts of money. Cash to keep everything going will be needed too, but running out of working stock is a bad idea too!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer