Something similar required..

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
joh5nny
Organisation: Tutto Framing
Interests: Photography, walking, travel

Something similar required..

Post by joh5nny »

A customer has asked if I can set get hold of a moulding similar to the picture. Does anyone know where I could get hold of something like this. Doesn’t have to be exactly the same, but this sort of style. I understand that the moulding in the picture is by a company called Natalini
D837AAA5-3E3F-4A9F-A673-D1CCDD71AC8F.jpeg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Something similar required..

Post by Not your average framer »

I remember that moulding, I never bought it, but it was in the Simons catalogue about twenty years ago. Lots of different mouldings which have come out since have also been discontinued since then. Finding any of that these days is not going to be easy!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
prospero

Post by prospero »

A rare item today. I think it started as a nice inlaid (and pricey) moulding and was later copied as a rather tacky
repro with a photo-printed finish. Good luck finding some. :|
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I vaguely seem to remember that these particular mouldings may have come from Checkosolvakia and that is was later reproduced as an Emafil polymer moulding. I'm not 100% sure of my facts after all these years, so don't take this as absolutely correct.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer