Acrylic help please

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Mikey the 2nd
Organisation: New business
Interests: Work and work

Acrylic help please

Post by Mikey the 2nd »

My customer has asked for the best quality acrylic as opposed to glass as the picture is so big. Im looking at the Acryguard however she has also asked for anti reflective. Does anyone have any e4xperience of acryguard and could tell me if its anti reflective please?
Thanks
Mike
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Re: Acrylic help please

Post by JFeig »

I cannot find any acrylic sheet with that name/spelling. I would check with your regular suppliers for more info.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Post by Rainbow »

Difficult to say how Acryguard compares with acrylics from other manufacturers as there doesn't seem to be any information about it online.

Have a look at the specs published by Wessex in their glass brochure https://www.wessexpictures.com/res/Prod ... ce%20Guide

Tru Vue Optium Museum Acrylic would probably tick all the boxes for "best quality" but there are several other options. Wessex have an online price calculator so you can work out the respective prices for each of the options.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

We are told that the reason for requiring acrylic is because the picture is so big, but we are not told how big the picture is. It is worth mentioning that you choice of options for obtaining features such as non reflective characteristic above certain sizes in acrylic, may be come less easy as the size increases. Also as the size of the acrylic increases, one assumes that the thickness of the acrylic required will be likely to increase, possibly to such an extent that the weight of the acrylic, for the size in question may also become prohibitive.

May I therefore suggest that you consider discussing you options, with a sufficiently knowledgeable member of staff at an appropriate supplier, who can advise you about, what options you will be able to look at for the job. This hopefully will assist you, by informing you with what choices may be most suitable for you requirements.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Timh
Organisation: kingswood frames and mirors
Interests: framing and framing history manufacture of mouldings and decorated frames

Post by Timh »

Centrado do AR 99 acrylic in a size 2000 x 1500

anti glare with a 99% UV filter and 3mm thick
quite expensive though so get a cut to size cost

I have done three pictures at 8 x 4 feet and used Acrylic which helps on weight and also is a bit safer
Acrygaurd from Centrado is what we have used before and I find it good stuff
anti scratch with a uv coating
Mikey the 2nd
Organisation: New business
Interests: Work and work

Post by Mikey the 2nd »

Thank you everyone for your help. Spoke to Centrado and decided with their help.
Cheers
Mike