Taking Orders

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
iorek
Organisation: A Picture Framing One
Interests: Sport, Art, Photography,

Taking Orders

Post by iorek »

Hi Folks

I hope you are all well and getting customers again.

I currently just take a sheet of blank paper whenever someone comes in and write/sketch everything down on it for the job (pricing done through Estlite). I feel that this doesn't quite convey the air of professionalism and quality I would like, because it looks like I've written it all down whilst being poked with a cattle prod.

Does anyone use a designed sheet for this part of the sales process? Something that is headed and has spaces for the required info/measurements to go into perhaps? That makes that process consistent and professional looking?

David
gavin@seagullgallery
Organisation: Seagull Gallery and Framing
Interests: .

Re: Taking Orders

Post by gavin@seagullgallery »

Hi David

Here's what we use (I designed it myself and refined it over the past couple of years)

Gavin
Attachments
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
iorek

Post by iorek »

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your response. Very much appreciated. Really useful to see a working document, that's a big help.

Cheers

David
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Hi David,
I used to write it all down then walk over to the desktop pc and fil it all in, leaving the customer to gaze at their navel (or my certificates on the wall!). It felt awkward and clunky. I've recently added a laptop to my design/work bench and can now input everything as the design process happens. It feels a lot more fluid and has sped up the process, win win. I moved from Estlite to framiac last Summer which I have found offers quite a few additional useful tasks like offering prices for both chop and length and adding labour time as and when.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
iorek

Post by iorek »

Hi Justin

Thanks for your perspective. That's definitely something worth thinking about. I don't want to duplicate processes so that's something I will look into.

Much appreciated.

David