WALL MOUNT CUTTER SERVICE PERSON WANTED!

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
PaperConservator
Organisation: private
Interests: plants and diy

WALL MOUNT CUTTER SERVICE PERSON WANTED!

Post by PaperConservator »

Dear Colleagues,

I am a paper conservator in a large cultural institution in London and have been using the wall mount cutter at work with much joy for many years. It is time for it to be serviced and re-aligned again etc. Some of the parts might need to be replaced. However we are struggling to find a person to service it, the last time (over two years ago) we had someone come in from abroad, but with the pandemic that is currently impossible. I am hoping the expertise can be found more locally? With the preparations for loans starting up again for exhibitions in many of our cultural institutions (that are planning to open up again this fall), this matter is rather urgent. Tips, names, contact info of people able to service our wall mount cutter would be very much appreciated!!!

Many thanks in advance,

Kim
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Re: WALL MOUNT CUTTER SERVICE PERSON WANTED!

Post by JonathanB »

Kim -

Try TGS Repairs, run by Mark and Jamie Griffiths, based in Essex. Contact numbers are 07859 818233 (Mark) or 07817 848324 (Jamie). They service Keencut and Valiani cutters. Jamie does my servicing and I would be happy to recommend him.

Good luck
Jonathan
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)
whitbyframer
Organisation: Whitby Picture Framing
Interests: Walking when my back allows me, photography, travel, cars, gaming on the PC

Post by whitbyframer »

Pete at Framers Equipment might be able to help
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Pete's brilliant! He's my Mr fix it. I've had a refurbished Fletcher Terry flat material cutter 3100 from him including him fixing t to my wall. He also brough with him some extra bits to add all the extras to my Fletcher Terry 1100 oval cutter and he is sorting out a refurbished Fletcher Terry 2100 mount cutter ready for me to buy as well. I don't think that there is much that he can't fix. When I've finished getting my shop running again, I intend to book him in for a service trip to give all my workshop equipment a full service. I guessing that this won't be long now!

I first met him while working at Triton galleries in 2001, where I was trained and all these years later, he is servicing, installing, or supplying refurbished equipment for my own business. His father was the head of Magnolia mouldings machinery department and Pete Binghan worked for him back in the days of Magnolia mouldings. You could say that he was almost born with a spanner in his hands. Really great framing engineer and first class Mr fix it! Largely thanls to Pete I an slowly reaching my goal of switch over to having Fletcher Terry mount cutters and flat material cutting equipment as well.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer