Framing a Plan

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
bookmark
Organisation: beartown
Interests: Stoke City,

Framing a Plan

Post by bookmark »

Hi all,
wondering f you can help me. I have been asked to frame a original Plan of a House built in 1955.
The plan measures 88cm by 51cm, and is on a fabric . The plan has been folded like a road map, so
folds and creases are evident. The plan has been hand coloured . Also no mount is wanted.
The question is how do I get the plan mounted.
I do not have a press of any description, just a hand held roller.
I have foam core and self adhesive mount board.
Thanks in advance for your time
Tim
Organisation: Deepwell Framing
Interests: Photography, Growing it, Cooking it, Eating it. Sauvignon Blanc. Syrah.

Re: Framing a Plan

Post by Tim »

I had a similar job about a month or so ago, and whilst it may not be pertinent to your 'plan', it might give you some ideas. Mine was a badly creased old Ordnance Survey map, complete with holes where the folds had worn through the old fabric, many pencil marks and the odd coffee cup stain. In the end, after much discussion with the customer, we sandwiched the map as flat as possible beneath a sheet of glass, then photographed it. The resulting print was then photoshopped to remove blemishes etc, and reprinted onto fine art paper, which was then framed as usual. Customer had their map on the wall, and got to keep the original to boot!
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery...