Left hand Morso support arm drooping!

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Left hand Morso support arm drooping!

Post by Not your average framer »

I would like to correct the droop on the the left hand support arm on my Morso. The very end of this could do with being raised about a quarter to half an inch. I've tried pulling it upwards, but without any success, it just stays as it is!

It's probably drooped over the years, so I don't suppose I'm the first to encounter this problem. Anyone who knows how to sort this, without buying another support arm?

Thanks in anticipation,
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Roboframer

Re: Left hand Morso support arm drooping!

Post by Roboframer »

Mine isn't a genuine Morso part and it drooped pretty quickly, but I sorted it just as quickly with a supporting leg - a sturdy postal tube cut-to-size which doubles up as an offcut gauge.

Under the arm is a tote bucket where I keep my moulding offcuts and there are two dotted lines drawn on the supporting leg. Below the lower line, toss it out or use it NOW, between that and the higher line, put it in the tote bucket, above the higher line, put it back on the shelf.