Hello!

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
kartoffelngeist
Organisation: Rosie's Framers and Crafts
Interests: Framing, mental health, martial arts

Hello!

Post by kartoffelngeist »

Hi all!

Thought I'd better come along an introduce myself as this looks like a really good resource to get involved with!

I work for a mental health charity in Aberdeen who aim to help people who have had mental health issues move towards employment. One of the projects we do (which I now run) is a picture framing workshop. I've been here for a few months, so I like to think I've got a lot of the basics down.

My habit of saying yes to customers and then trying to figure out how to do things has lead to a lot of interesting projects! Looking forward to being able to get involved in discussions here and hopefully pick up some tips!

Thanks,

andrew
Thanks,

andrew
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them in to the impossible."
Etsy
Facebook
Twitter

Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: Hello!

Post by Tudor Rose »

Hello Andrew and a very warm welcome to the forum

That's an incredibly worthy charity to be involved with and I hope it all goes well for you. There was a similar scheme set up at a hospital very close to us to encourage patients to take up painting and other art projects and then move on to framing them. We were lucky enough to be able to put them in touch with a local framer going into retirement who was happy to sell them all his framing equipment to get them started.

Saying yes to customers and then trying to figure out how to do things is all part of the job description, especially in the early days. Make full use of the search function on this forum for loads of helpful hints and tips.

All the best
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022