Hello

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Popple North
Organisation: PM Framing
Interests: Photography, Cycling.

Hello

Post by Popple North »

Hi All. I am signing up to the forum today after getting some advice from an experienced framer that this is a great place to share, feel supported and support others. Can't believe how much information there is here. Great to have the info and terrifying to realise how little I know.

I have escaped corporate life and am picking up on a previous hobby to develop it into a creative focus and potentially a small business. Years ago I was a passionate photographer and my wife took up picture framing, mainly to support me. Other careers took over. The Camera gathered dust and the framing equipment sat around in our garage. I am now resurrecting the equipment. Morso blades went off to be sharpened yesterday! I realise how lucky I am to have time and some decent quality lightly used equipment (albeit badly in need of some tlc).

In addition to the morso we still have a keencut mat cutter and I've acquired a well used excalibur glass cutter. I now know that our Taurus underpinner is discontinued but I still have some nails to get me started. Early results are just that - a start. However, I've made my first ever frames and I'm planning to keep improving.

Look forward to chatting!
David McCormack
Organisation: Framing
Interests: Cycling, walking, darkroom photography and laughing a lot!

Re: Hello

Post by David McCormack »

Welcome to the FF :D

A dusty camera, tut-tut :giggle: Get your duster out and start shooting again... I hope it's a film camera :rock:
"You know, there's a right and wrong way to do everything!"
Oliver Hardy.
https://www.instagram.com/davidaustinmccormack/
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

Welcome

Given they are seldom scrapped, I often wonder how many unused Morsos are sitting around.
Popple North
Organisation: PM Framing
Interests: Photography, Cycling.

Post by Popple North »

Thanks Both.

I still love the film camera but it had slightly more dust than the digital one! Both now looking a little sharper!

Paul