Insurance

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
whitbyframer
Organisation: Whitby Picture Framing
Interests: Walking when my back allows me, photography, travel, cars, gaming on the PC

Insurance

Post by whitbyframer »

Hi everyone

Having just set up our workshop, we've been left stranded by our insurance company who have said that they have offered us the wrong insurance and can't actually offer us another product. We're having problems with other companies as well and have found the prices quoted becoming silly at over £500.

Can you recommend anyone that you may use? We have a workshop in managed offices, no gallery.

Thanks.

Derek
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Insurance

Post by poliopete »

If you check out the many old posts on here re insurance, you will see NFU is very popular with many framers. I have used a local broker for many years - problem free.

Peter.
whitbyframer
Organisation: Whitby Picture Framing
Interests: Walking when my back allows me, photography, travel, cars, gaming on the PC

Post by whitbyframer »

Thanks Peter. I had noticed NFU coming up a lot and have had a quote off them of £500+ which seems a bit excessive, but may be normal for the industry.
Claim to Frame
Organisation: N/a
Interests: Framing

Post by Claim to Frame »

I second using a local insurance broker. I had special requirements and they sorted me out rather easily. They have a wealth of knowledge about the market and know which insurers will cover what for you

And they get their fee from the insurance company, so its a free service to a degree! :D