Hello

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Jag62
Organisation: ---
Interests: Biscuits

Hello

Post by Jag62 »

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking on the forum for a while and recently joined and have found much useful information to help get me started.
I found my way to framing via the usual route…
...Product design at college. Worked as structural engineering draftsman, insurance underwriter, business analyst, project manager.
A badly broken femur in 2017 led to a change in direction and a change in pace and after much scratching of head I find myself in the process of setting up a framing business (initially from home).
First big headache is how I make room in the garage and find homes for all the restoration projects (the wife calls junk) I have ongoing in there. The lockdown has at least given me some time to tackle this.
I’ve just made my first significant purchase (Morso) and am now looking to add all the other necessary equipment and will shortly post something in the ‘wants’ section. Please feel free to message me if you have anything suitable available, ideally a package deal including underpinner, Keencut, etc and some materials & stock to help get me going.
Anyway, hi to everyone and I look forward to participating in the forum.

Neil
Orde02
Organisation: Northwood Framing
Interests: Painting, flying, cycling

Re: Hello

Post by Orde02 »

Best of luck with your business. I've been framing since Sept last year and it's now pretty much taken over my life!

Regards

Matt
prospero

Post by prospero »

Welcome Neil. 8)

You sound as if you have the job in-hand. :D
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi neil,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you realise this is a dangerous place, once you get hooked on being a framer, there's no escapre! Nice to have you join us. I hope you will enjoy.
Mark
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Post by cleaver »

Welcome to the pleasure dome, Neil.
Jag62
Organisation: ---
Interests: Biscuits

Post by Jag62 »

Thanks for the welcome all !

Neil
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Post by cleaver »

Not your average framer wrote: Mon 18 May, 2020 10:33 am Hi neil,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you realise this is a dangerous place, once you get hooked on being a framer, there's no escapre! Nice to have you join us. I hope you will enjoy.
Mark
I see what you did there, Mark! :lol:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Very few of us have chosen to be framers, purely for the money. Most of us enjoy what we are doing. What would we be doing if it was not framing and would we enjoy it as much? I think a lot of us would still want to be framers!

:D
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
judith27
Organisation: dorset framers
Interests: framing and art

Post by judith27 »

Depending where you live I am about to change directiin and give up framing. I am not enjoying it as much and would like to use my studio for art groups. I am in Dorset. Do call if you want an excaliber A frame glass cutter, or morso cutter, keencut mount cutter and i think a basic underpinner?

message me on here?

Judith
judith27
Organisation: dorset framers
Interests: framing and art

Post by judith27 »

HI Neil

Did you get your new house and sort out the framing equipment. I am currently still looking to offload the Excalibur 5000, just about to post an advert on here.
Judith