And finally it's hello from me!

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Oldgrumpyface
Organisation: Frameology St Monans
Interests: Golf, Photography & cooking, then eating what I cook! (Ok I see the problem now!)

And finally it's hello from me!

Post by Oldgrumpyface »

Hi everyone, just saying hello to you all. Been great working through past posts and very informative. I've only been doing framing for just over a year and the big plan was early retirement, move to coast and start offering my services locally. Trying to keep active not take over the world. Made the move in December then had a dodgy start at beginning of the year by having a triple bypass. However I'm all great now and started doing some real work for local artists and no doubt, like many others, I'm hoping when things get confusing there will be friends & colleagues on here that have seen it all before.
So it's a big hello to everyone from me, Allan
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Re: And finally it's hello from me!

Post by Rainbow »

Hello Allan, and welcome. Glad to hear you've had a good recovery from your operation. I've never heard of East Neuk of Fife so I've just looked it up. It looks a lovely part of the world, and Kellie Castle looks especially interesting. Hope you enjoy being a member here :)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi,

I know what that's like having heart problems after just starting a framing business. My original shop premises had only been open for seven months, when I had a heart attack and I had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. They gave me a choice to go home on medication, to go home on medication with angioplasty (stents treatment), or full bypass surgey and not be fit to work for 9 months. They wanted me to to the bypass surgery.

I went for the medication and angioplasty, to do otherwise would have left me with a shop and no way to earn money to pay the rent. I have sincee had two strokes, one minor and one that has had life changing effects. So I know where you are coming from! I am now over state retirement age , but I still need to work to keep active and keep some sort of mobility in my right leg and right arm.

If I don't keep active, I lose mobility and have to work hard at getting my mobility back. There's a few of us on this forum, who have had similar things happen to us, but we are still going for it. I hope you will enjoy the forum and being part of it. We are all here to help each other and there are many members who are good friends on here.

It's a good place to get help and advice, if you need it and as always different people have different solutions to difficulties and problems and it's worth checking out different members, who have different solutions to problems, as different solutions work for different folks. Welcome to our gang and hope you will enjoy!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Oldgrumpyface
Interests: Golf, Photography & cooking, then eating what I cook! (Ok I see the problem now!)

Post by Oldgrumpyface »

Thanks for the welcome @Rainbow and good that you now know about the East Neuk 😃.
Also thanks to you too Mark and glad you are still using framing to keep active 👍🏻
Cheers guys 👍🏻
cleaver
Organisation: Satriale's Pork Store
Interests: .

Post by cleaver »

Hell's bells, Allan....I hope you are on the mend, mate.

You're in the right place for fantastic framing knowledge (and inane jokes from yours truly).

I hope you are getting stronger every day, fella.

See you around the boards.

Paul :D
prospero

Post by prospero »

Welcome Alan. We're a right grumpy lot on here. :lol: :arrow: :|
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Oldgrumpyface

Post by Oldgrumpyface »

Thanks Paul, I'm doing fantastic thanks. I see it as a positive as I'm all fixed now 👍🏻
Also thanks Prosperous sounds like I'll fit right in then 😂😂

Allan
Oldgrumpyface

Post by Oldgrumpyface »

Now I'm grumpy blooming predictive text!!!!
Sorry Prospero 😜😂😂😂
Orde02
Organisation: Northwood Framing
Interests: Painting, flying, cycling

Post by Orde02 »

Hello Allan. I'm just over the Forth from you in East Lothian. Always great advice here!

Matt
Oldgrumpyface

Post by Oldgrumpyface »

Hi Matt, I think I can see you!!
Already saw some of your artwork in earlier posts.
It’s outstanding 👍 (frames are good as well btw😀)
Cheers
Allan