Hello

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
rotorhead77
Organisation: Private Person
Interests: Wild Life Art

Hello

Post by rotorhead77 »

Found this forum online and wanted say hello. I am not a framing craftsman, but have bought several Larson Juhl moldings that are discontinued in the US but not in the UK. I have been unable to find a suitable framer who can cut and assemble this molding to my satisfaction. I have had two frames assembled, but I can slide a business card in all for miter joints. This frame is for a canvas print that is somewhat valuable and the frame has to be close to perfect (within reason). I have decided to try to cut and assemble the moldings myself. I own a high-end miter saw with a 12" Freud 100 tooth blade for fine finish work. I plan to use the two poorly assembled frames as test materials. I am looking forward to learning about frame assembly on this forum.

Rotorhead77
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Hello

Post by Not your average framer »

Fill your boots! there's plenty to look at on here and no shortage of those who are more than happy to answer questions as well.

Enjoy!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Re: Hello

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Welcome Rotorhead77

I was going to suggest you try posting on The Grumble - the USA equivalent of this mainly UK forum.

But I see you already joined yesterday and have received many replies and lots of advice.
To me it seems a bit messy buying a few mouldings from LJ in UK to frame your print, when you are not a framer.

But hey - it shows how active LJ UK are at exporting :o
I wish you luck. :clap:
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg