Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
k-rivkin

Lame artist wants to do self-framing :)

Post by k-rivkin »

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your time:

Being lame but not starving artist I was always too unwilling to pay for custom framing so I was doing it in a very poor way myself.

Now I realised that I can do better then this, but when I got the right size frame, and I need to fit the board with canvas inside this frame there are really good machines the professionals use - is it called underpinner ?

If you can help me and share your knowledge on the cheapest (student) no air pumping needed machines that allow one to staple and pin this stuff together instead of using hammer and nails, I would greatly appreciate this.

I'm sorry for being imprecise and for trying to take a job off some custom framing studio, but I would really appreciate this knowledge,

thank you,

K.Rivkin
k-rivkin

Post by k-rivkin »

sorry forgot to say - most of my frames look like this - thick wooden panel with canvas on it mounted in a thin frame.

Now it's all fixed together with some pins that come from the wooden panel and staples that hold this pins to the frame,

Thank you,

K.Rivkin
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi K-rivkin,

Welcome to the forum.

I think this site might be just what you are looking for:-

http://www.diyframing.com/

They offer picture framing start-up kits ranging in price from £75 to £850, and lots of practical advice.

Good luck

John