Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
simoonez
Organisation: Dorset Framing
Interests: pasties

Cassese underpinners

Post by simoonez »

I've recently worked my way through a few second hand underpinners, and I think it's time to buy new.
I'm thinking about a cassese - in particular the 199xl - but there website says they're going to shortly be bringing in a new range of underpinners.
Anyone know anything about this? I'm holding back at the moment to see if they replace any of their range, but maybe I should just bite the bullet.
Dave

Re: Cassese underpinners

Post by Dave »

Don't know anything about the new range, but I have the 299 and can thoroughly recommend.

Dave
framingengineer
Organisation: Leicestershire
Interests: Flight simulation, recording, staying as far away from framers as possible........... sorry farmers.

Post by framingengineer »

The CS199 is the cheapest in the Cassese range to have pneumatic rebate clamping.
I would and do recommend this machine to all framers who have not experienced the pleasure of quality rebate clamping.
I haven't heard of any new machines but you can bet your life they would be more expensive than the present range.
I would go for it....!!!
Neil
framingengineer.com
ChrisG
Organisation: Hampshire Framing Limited
Interests: .

Post by ChrisG »

Question is: do you wish to be a pioneer (could be teething problems) or stick with a tried and tested version. My view has always been the latter, I would either wait a year or so and see how the new model fairs or go for the 199mxl now which is highly thought of on this form.

I have a 199mxl and think it is brilliant.