Décor Boom 1980's-90's???

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
A3DFramer
Organisation: Collectors Cases
Interests: Virtual 3D Model making, Digital Graphics.

Post by A3DFramer »

Was there a décor boom through the 1980's and 90's and if so does it matter? I was a war baby, who grew up on a large tenanted farm, part of a family steeped in the traditions of farming, but by @ 1975, newly married, I was beginning to realize that the future mapped out me for me by family and tradition no longer held the substance for which I had just completed my education.
Opportunities for change emerged, which I grasped, did this tumble me into a significant economic and creative period of activity that I certainly did not understand at the time and the record of which probably does not exist?

In a recent post I wrote a snippet from this history, here http://theframersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11152, I have memories of significant creative endeavor that supported a whole raft of businesses that disappeared literally overnight at the beginning of this millennium.

Those businesses may not themselves be relevant to the future, or even be worthy of a footnote in the history of interior design, but the sheer scale of product design, inventiveness and activity, I witnessed, is only notable for the silence it has slipped into oblivion by the industry that should have played a major supporting roll.

Did it really exist? If so are there lessons that could be learnt? The interesting thing about having a history is the perspective that it gives on the present, I see relics passing into the antique trade, some of which I made, where others prefer their own interpretation, to the perhaps more colourful and interesting history they actually had.

Could it be important that there is knowledge and/or example that could help new growth, new ideas and fresh inspiration buried in a passage of time that might only be a figment of my imagination?