Only just fathomed that one Ricky?

Better still, get nicely installed in the executive bog. :giggle:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
DCS
Organisation: Durham City Studios
Interests: Photography and Framing

Re: increase trade

Post by DCS »

Bringing in our A board from outside and closing the computer brings them in too.
For my sins I own and operate
http://www.durhamcitystudios.com
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

Post by michelle »

How about the one night you have a social life and want to finish on time!
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

You should pretend to be late, sometimes I'm behind and when I arrive the neighbours tell me I've missed hundreds of people
JohnMcafee
Organisation: Scenes
Interests: Picture Framing
Putting the world to rights

Post by JohnMcafee »

Or make that call to credit card company, bank, local council, et cetera, wait on hold for twenty minutes until you have been informed, at last, that there is now just one caller ahead of you.
"A little learning is a dangerous thing"

(Also known as John, the current forum administrator)
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Just replying to a forum post...................
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

We have a wireless doorbell in the workshop to page us to the shop when a framing order comes in, when there's two of us in the workshop it doesn't really matter what we're up to when it goes 'DING-DONG' - whoever is doing the easiest thing to leave, goes. If we're both doing easy-to-leave things then it's whoever is closest or whoever has the best customer service head on.

We never have lunch at the same time, that would be asking for it.

But when I'm by myself, which is normally after 3pm weekdays or all day Saturday .......

Don gloves, lift a 1600x1100 sheet of AR glass out of its box, get half way to the maxi-slasher ... DING-DONG!

Treble top .... treble top ...... DING-DONG!

That little flumb on the bevel of a 24x36" aperture - saw you, you little bastard - lift the 31x43" piece of glass up - go in with the brush ... where have you gone you **** !! .... DING-DONG!

etc

I really have to compose myself before appearing in the shop sometimes, and sometimes I just cannot drop what I'm doing - then someone will appear in the workshop thinking maybe the bell isn't working, if it's one of the 'girls' I'll just say you'll have to wait a minute, I can't leave this; if it's my wife I'll yell "I WON'T GO ON ****ING STRIKE IF YOU TAKE THE ****ING ORDER"!!!

OK - I just think that and hope for some sympathy.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

A classic today.

Cut quite a large frame, set the underpinner stops, glued the ends (it's warm, glue is very runny, want to pin it quick), spot some slivers of wood sticking out under the lip of the mitre, you know, maybe rebate supports not quite high enough, whatever. Look around for trusty retractable Stanley knife, nope, but there's my framer's weapon of choice, a retractable scalpel, that'll do.

Slipped, very nasty cut back of thumb below knuckle, grabbed nearest thing that could come under 'first aid' - a wet wipe, wrapped it around thumb....
DING DONG!
Sod the ding dong, I need a few steri-strips and a plaster, Karen appears, I pull back the now blood-soaked wet wipe "Tell Pat she'll have to take it" - "OMG - OK"

Karen comes back and does the steri-strips for me, I add the plaster, that'll do for now, let's get this frame pinned. Do two 'L's - Karen reappears.

"Pat says if you've stopped bleeding can you take over, guy's got quite a few things and ............."

"Yeah, yeah, she just doesn't wanna do it, tell her to sod off"