PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
newie31
Organisation: Frames
Interests: Caricature

Re: Logo on the car, FINALLY !!!

Post by newie31 »

Hi Guys,
I took inspiration from Adam and got my "new" car sorted with something similar.

I was originally going to buy a pick-up, but decided to go down the route of an old TX1 London cab, I took out the sliding glass partition and can easily get 10ft lengths of moulding in, as it's disabled access, I can get the Mother-in-law in the car with minimum fuss, and as we're based down in SW France it really gets noticed by the French :shock: , as well as all the expats, we've had nothing but positive reactions to it so far.

I got the idea from a piece of Mondrian floor standing art that was auctioned recently.
TX1c.JPG
TX1c.JPG (629.42 KiB) Viewed 7413 times
TX1cc.JPG
TX1cc.JPG (498.52 KiB) Viewed 7413 times
TX1ccc.JPG
TX1ccc.JPG (264.95 KiB) Viewed 7413 times
prospero

Post by prospero »

I like it a lot. :D
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
stoupa747
Organisation: Studio Prints (Frome)Ltd
Interests: Picture framer, Walking ,Travel

Post by stoupa747 »

Make sure you notify your insurers. I guess you will need to insure for business use , if not already covered. This may raise the cost of insuring your car. The signeage looks great
yorkframing
Organisation: York Framing Studio
Interests: Photography & Astronomy

Post by yorkframing »

Glad someone mentioned insurance, I was just going to say that.

There was a case on Radio 2 the other week where a womans car was vandalised and the insurance refused to pay out as she had modified the car (put vinyl stickers on) without telling them.

It should not be a problem but make sure you notify them so you are covered.

Cheers
Steve
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

Bagpuss wrote: Because of the low emissions of the car, my Accountant said it was 100 % deductible against the business but as of yet I haven't done so. I am no longer with an Accountant so was wondering if I can offset the price of the car against my 2013/2014 tax return ? I'm a Sole Trader and not VAT registered. I wouldn't offset the price I paid for it in 2012, just the depreciated value of it in 2013.
Get an accountant! The 100% is a year-of-purchase only benefit called First Year Allowance "FYA". If you didnt claim it then you can only claim 18% capital allowances, on a reducing balance basis, in subsequent years. You are not restricted to depreciated cost, assuming you mean accoubts depreciated, not tax written down value.
framers
Organisation: Framers (London) Ltd
Interests: framing

Post by framers »

Just make sure you inform your insurer as they will consider this a material change to the car and may refuse to pay out if you have an accident.
framers
Organisation: Framers (London) Ltd
Interests: framing

Post by framers »

Just make sure you inform your insurer as they will consider this a material change to the car and may refuse to pay out if you have an accident.
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Post by DEEPJOY »

Nice Job Adam a great form of advertising your wares. :rock:
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I dug this thread up because, yesterday I was getting a quote for car insurance , well getting a newer one and wanted to change the insurance to the new one, anyway they asked me if I was going to have any ' signs/advertising ' on it , so Adam have you checked with your insurance company about this.
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Ed209
Organisation: Birchington Framing Centre
Interests: Guitar, woodwork, cycling Singing

Post by Ed209 »

Looks really good fantastic Logo, Just trying to do a logo for my business not easy especially when your Mrs. has a opinion on it as well :D
kartoffelngeist
Organisation: Rosie's Framers and Crafts
Interests: Framing, mental health, martial arts

Post by kartoffelngeist »

Ed209 wrote:Looks really good fantastic Logo, Just trying to do a logo for my business not easy especially when your Mrs. has a opinion on it as well :D
Our graphics guys would be able to whip one up for you if you're interested in having it done professionally. Same deal as the framing workshop, so doing your good deed for charity too! :giggle:
Thanks,

andrew
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them in to the impossible."
Etsy
Facebook
Twitter

shogunswb
Organisation: Anim8design
Interests: Fishing

Post by shogunswb »

Lovely job, we did something similar to our IQ but a word of caution if your car has the pearlescent white paint then be very careful if you remove the logo as there is a problem with the top layers of paint bonding to the base layers. You might have noticed how large stone chips are on the bonnet.
shogunswb
Organisation: Anim8design
Interests: Fishing

Post by shogunswb »

Just realised that this was an old thread but Steve very nearly every car has sign's/advertising on it from the make & model to the sticker in the rear window of the garage that supplied it, the name of the garage on the number plates & various other bits.
Our old car which was sign written was written off & the assessor said that it was a company car to which I replied no it's a private car with a few additional stickers on. Nothing more was said.
It's just the greedy git's of the insurance world trying to get more for nothing, like stinging you for claim excess when you inform them of an accident that wasn't your fault & you then have to go after the other insurer to get the money back.
Normally they are nothing more than common thief's.