Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

T-shape moulding

Post by GeoSpectrum »

ive posted on this before but I thought I'd ask again, Im looking for some T shaped moulding. Rose and Hollis do one but it is fluted, I need a plain obeche T. I'll be speaking to Norfolk Mouldings tomorrow but was wondering if anybody knows of any other suppliers? In case you are wondering its to make the inner frame of a Nicholson or St Ives style frame and will be paired with another moulding I already use.

Thanks
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Framemaker Richard
Organisation: framemaker
Interests: Antique frames

Re: T-shape moulding

Post by Framemaker Richard »

This does not help you at all... but I find a basic table saw is incredibly useful for making back+front rebated frames, also for increasing the rebate width of mouldings (say to cover edges of a wonky canvas), or for just slightly modifying mouldings.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

This all sounds like a lot of bother! Why not fabricate the profile that you want from two rectangular profiles. I often do stuff like this and there are plenty of rectangular profiles available in all sorts of sizes and many of them are in good quality wood types as well.

Rose & Hollis have some useful rectangular profiles and there are others available from stockists of Richard Burbidge and Masons timber products. You may need to do a little homework to find out who are your local stockists for these two companies.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Timh
Organisation: kingswood frames and mirors
Interests: framing and framing history manufacture of mouldings and decorated frames

Post by Timh »

let me know how much you need
I can run one length or multiples in obeche and would be happy to help

can you fax me or e mail a drawing with specs on it?
Tim