Sharpened Morso Blades

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Sharpened Morso Blades

Post by StevenG »

Good morning folks, for quiet some time I've been struggling to find somewhere that does a decent job of sharpening these darn blades..... I've managed to find somewhere local'ish but .... after about 1 week of cutting (no hard woods/plastic) this is what they look like.

Good eh!? I'm almost starting to think that I'll start to add about £3 per frame and just buy new blades each time :roll: Anyway I've spoken to the company and they mentioned something about wheels and other engineering things (straight over my head) that they adjusted recently and they blame that.... they're going to do them again FOC.

Odd thing is though and this is hard to believe.... I didn't notice any issue cutting, the ends were clean and joining was neat, I just happened to notice the blade. At least it's the weekend and the sun is still out :)
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 7145 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 7145 times
Graysalchemy

Re: Sharpened Morso Blades

Post by Graysalchemy »

I would send them to Mainline and get them properly sharpened on a morso blade sharpener.

If you do get them done locally make sure they are hollow ground.
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

Well, to give them some credit, they are sharpened hollow ground & very sharp. I think they guy said the edge was too fine. At least there was no 'arguing' & I'm hopeful it'll work out for the best. I've considered mainline but the cost with shipping was quite expensive, around £60 if I remember correctly. At the moment it's £12 collected & returned to my door. I'll give these guys another chance. Cheers
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Well as long as they do the job and you are not wearing your blades out with un necessary sharpening.
kevin
Organisation: picture framing services
Interests: framing, photography, table tennis

Post by kevin »

Try Glenwood mouldings newtownmountkennedy, Kildare. I use them and I am happy with their work
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

kevin wrote:Try Glenwood mouldings newtownmountkennedy, Kildare. I use them and I am happy with their work
Hi, thanks for that, I'll give these guys another chance though (it's only fair) :)
Beau
Organisation: Belvoir Gallery
Interests: picture framing, astronomy

Post by Beau »

I have resumed using Mainline now for blade sharpening. I am fortunate in that I can drop my blades off and pick them up myself. I thought I would just mention why I stopped using the other (well known) company. I write on my blades package such as ID and date of removal. I had a set of blades returned to me from this other company which had my brown sticky tape still on the package with my writing still there undisturbed and the tape showing no sign of having been removed. In fact it was very clear that the blades could not possibly have been taken out.