Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
The Common Framer
Organisation: The Horsell Framing Company
Interests: Photography, Boats

finally had a sort out

Post by The Common Framer »

:D At last plucked up the courage to have a throw out and re- work of my shop / workshop. Have to say - very pleased I did. feel much more relaxed and in control when not tripping over left over moulding and frames kept for a rainy day.
Attachments
shop.JPG
shop.JPG (110.09 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
prospero

Re: finally had a sort out

Post by prospero »

:D Looks the business. :yes:

I'm about to do similar. :ninja:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

Very impressive :D :D

Well deserved congrats' :clap:

Peter
Neil&carole
Organisation: Meandmrs
Interests: Makin stuff

Post by Neil&carole »

Having just had a look over my 'workshop' which looks like a 'workshop' and looking longingly over yours, it is obvious I am doing something wrong. Where's the dust?
Very nice. It's going to be a long time till I post any photos of mine!!
Do you make any of your own mouldings?
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Well done, very nice. I'm in the process of doing the same, which does not come all that easily. I've got far too much stuff in far too small a space. I,m trying to get a lot done in a very short time right now, which I'm finding rather difficult just at the moment. It's getting quite cold at the moment and I've got arthoritis and I also get angina in cold weather, but I've got lots of Christmas orders and will get through them better if I get the workshop sorted first.

A large part of the secret is how you store your board materials and glass, it's fairly easy storing complete full size sheets, but storing the different sizes when you're got down to various off-cuts is another matter. I've built two new mountboard racks today, which take half sheets of mountboard. I already have a rack for full sheets of mountboard, but I've decided to store the off-cuts and left overs in a more logical way from now on.

Hopefully, this is going to make me better organised, but we shall see. I've made good progress today, but I might have over done it a bit, because I'm feeling the after effects now. I hope that you are well heated, now it's getting a bit cold. I just thinking of putting my night storage heater on about now.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer