Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
odocat
Organisation: Tobi Frames
Interests: Picture framing

Frinton Mouldings

Post by odocat »

Had a complement slip telling me about the Christmas opening times and delivery services. Seems odd how the 'Normal 48 hours delivery' is contary to the 'hope to get in within a week timings they have been running at for most of the year. Pretending all is well. Honesty might be a better option.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Frinton Mouldings

Post by Steve N »

We normally order on a Monday, get it on Wednesday though out the year, normal carriage charge, must be something you said :giggle: :giggle:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
odocat

Post by odocat »

Hi Steve I would be laughing if it was funny! For a company that is really friendly to deal with and very helpful it is sad to see it slipping. Might be time for you to take a look? Not once this year have I recieved any chop order placed on a Saturday within 48hrs. Five days is the norm. Do not let Frintons go the way of Wessex Oldham or I will stop using them as well. :xcomputer: :xcomputer: :xcomputer:
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

Is that not within 48 hours of Monday?
odocat

Post by odocat »

24 hrs in a day x 2 equals Wednesday not Friday
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Sorry I don't do chop, I'm talking lengths
I agree with James, I wouldn't count Saturday as a working day, my hour count would start on Monday, I did ring Wessex on a Saturday, expecting to leave a message, was surprised that I spoke to a human

I ordered some samples from Centrado from our rep on 6 Oct, according to the paperwork it would be dispatched on 20th Oct
but in real life it was dispatched 13th November over a month from order date, now that's what I call bad :evil:
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
odocat

Post by odocat »

Steve N wrote:Sorry I don't do chop, I'm talking lengths
I agree with James, I wouldn't count Saturday as a working day, my hour count would start on Monday, I did ring Wessex on a Saturday, expecting to leave a message, was surprised that I spoke to a human

I ordered some samples from Centrado from our rep on 6 Oct, according to the paperwork it would be dispatched on 20th Oct
but in real life it was dispatched 13th November over a month from order date, now that's what I call bad :evil:
It must be me, these glue fumes are great. I order Saturday, it gets picked up on Monday (first 24hs) second 24 is Tuesday so delivery comes Wednesday? How is Friday 48 hrs?
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

Wessex deliver my way on a Monday. Had a phone call this afternoon from them "any thing you need for Monday?" :D

I have been known to pop to my local branch (about one hour away) arriving at 7 am for some thing urgent, expecting to wait, only to find the manager there - got served and back to work by 9am. Great service :clap:

I find all the suppliers great to deal with and it makes me wonder when I the opposite is cited. :?

Sure, mistakes happen - things occasionally go wrong but, in my experience, it's always sorted.

Any way, as my daughter says "keep your CHINS up" :rock:

Peter.
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

You said 5 days, not 5 working days, bit different.

Anyway, it seems that - not surprisingly - it takes longer when they have to chop the moulding. Why don't you ring them and ask them?
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Post by fusionframer »

My experience of wessex is excellent. I can order 2pm on Tuesday to receive items Wednesday. If I ordered on Wednesday, I would not receive until following Wednesday, unless urgent when I could ask to deliver via tufnells. I have not had to order mouldings via tufnells.

Now with a frinton moulding rather than a wessex moulding, I have ordered a few months ago and they told me that it would have be moved from somewhere in Norfolk (I am sure that is what I remember) to get to Bournemouth and this delay meant I would have to wait until the following weeks delivery, unless I wanted to pay additional shipping. I could wait, so no problem.

As I mostly use plain obeche mouldings, I tend to use wessex mouldings (or rose & Hollis) not frintons.

The original issue was specifically referring to frintons, not wessex. I know they are the same company, and maybe my delay was possibly because it was out of stock, but is it a particular frintons issue?
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Post by poliopete »

Sorry fusionframer my comments were not relevant to your situation.

In my defence my only dealings with Frinton Mouldings were last year when I purchased a selection of their 70% off clearance stock. In the main it was ok and delivered by Wessex but if I recall correctly it took around a week.

I genuinely hope service improves for you in the future. After all, running a business is problematic enough without added problems.

Peter.
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Post by fusionframer »

Peter,

My comment was not in response to yours particularly, but to the fact that most replies above were in reference to how wessex items are efficiently delivered, which is also my experience.

I, like you have only ordered frintons mouldings and they took longer. Your only experience backs up my only experience that frinton moulding orders can be longer, which is, I believe the original posters issue.

I guess what will be interesting to find out is whether there is a difference in service between wessex and frintons despite the fact that they are the same company.

Nick
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I think that it might be a little unfair complaining about ordering chop from Frinton Mouldings and thinking that chop and normal moulding orders will necessarily take the same amount of time. The Wessex group is a diverse operation and although the Frinton sales office is located at the Wessex Bournemouth premises, the Frinton normal mouldings stock is held at Dereham.

Considering that the Wessex group has who knows how many branches all over the country I think that it very unlikely that they will have the equipment for chop in every branch. I think that you will find that the chop facilities are likely to be in one central location only, but they do have a very well organised van service connecting between these different branches and when I've needed the laminated glass cut to size, this service is based at Leatherhead.

However, the telephone sales staff can tell you which days the various van run between their depots and which day they can deliver to you and the goods always arrive on the day that they say unless something unforeseen happens and the van breaks down. There was a problem delivering glass to me once, when the van broke down and they made a special van run of over 100 miles each way, just so they would not let me down.

Sorry, but my experience of the whole Wessex group has not only been excellent, but even when something unforeseen goes wrong they'll do whatever it takes to not let you down. I can't fault their service at all. First class!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
odocat

Post by odocat »

Not your average framer wrote:I think that it might be a little unfair complaining about ordering chop from Frinton Mouldings and thinking that chop and normal moulding orders will necessarily take the same amount of time. The Wessex group is a diverse operation and although the Frinton sales office is located at the Wessex Bournemouth premises, the Frinton normal mouldings stock is held at Dereham.

Considering that the Wessex group has who knows how many branches all over the country I think that it very unlikely that they will have the equipment for chop in every branch. I think that you will find that the chop facilities are likely to be in one central location only, but they do have a very well organised van service connecting between these different branches and when I've needed the laminated glass cut to size, this service is based at Leatherhead.

However, the telephone sales staff can tell you which days the various van run between their depots and which day they can deliver to you and the goods always arrive on the day that they say unless something unforeseen happens and the van breaks down. There was a problem delivering glass to me once, when the van broke down and they made a special van run of over 100 miles each way, just so they would not let me down.

Sorry, but my experience of the whole Wessex group has not only been excellent, but even when something unforeseen goes wrong they'll do whatever it takes to not let you down. I can't fault their service at all. First class!
I disagree. Everyother company I use can get my chop orders here within 24 hrs. The complement slip does not discriminate between the kind of orders that will be delivered.
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Post by Rainbow »

odocat wrote:Not once this year have I recieved any chop order placed on a Saturday within 48hrs. Five days is the norm.
I wonder if they have a special day allocated to chop? Wessex recently told me that all their samples are now cut on a Friday, whereas previously they used to do it on an ad hoc basis as requested. It would be worth finding out if Frinton's chop service is similar.
odocat wrote:Do not let Frintons go the way of Wessex Oldham or I will stop using them as well.
I use Wessex Oldham so I'm curious as to what you mean...?