Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Machiners2
Organisation: Machin & Machin
Interests: Walking, bridge, sewing, golf, theatre and comedy

Re: Handiwrap alternative?

Post by Machiners2 »

I have also been thinking about what I wrap my finished pictures in - currently using bubble wrap. I manage to also reuse the larger bubble stuff my moulding deliveries come wrapped in.

I have also thought of buying a large roll of brown paper to use along side cardboard corner protectors. This would be fine for most customer collections and I thought I could add a layer of bubble wrap if the customer said they needed extra protection for their journey home (bus/train or heavy rain)

I have also mentioned to some people that they can return the bubble wrap to me for re-use.

People seem much more open to recycled, or reused plastic wrappings than they did if you explain why.
drpeej
Organisation: Frame Mount
Interests: Photography, Skiing, Cycling

Re: Handiwrap alternative?

Post by drpeej »

There is a biodegradeable alternative which is available in pallet wrapping sized rolls. I contacted the manufacturer to enquire about smaller rolls but the answer is no.

However, since the product exists and there is pressure to move away from normal plastic I'm sure it's a matter of time before the Handiwrap suppliers catch on.

Perhaps we should all pressurise them. I'll be asking Lion and Wessex which is where I get it from
Peter Harris GCF (APF)
www.framemount.co.uk