PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Image Blocks
Organisation: Image Blocks
Interests: Professional Printing

Pilm Mitre Guillotine

Post by Image Blocks »

Hi Folks,

I run a photographic printing business over in Ireland.
I am frequently asked if I do framing, so, to get to the point I am looking at getting involved as I have a lot of customers that use my services, all professional photographers.

I am close to buying a second hand Guillotine thinking it was a Morso F type but it now (after a few questions) turns out to be a brand called 'Pilm' which seem to be based in Italy.
I am aware that Morso is probably the original but does anyone know of, own or have used a Pilm Guillotine.

Any feedback is appreciated,
Brian.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Pilm Mitre Guillotine

Post by Not your average framer »

I think that I would check out whether there is any dealership support over here for Pilm and not only that, but if the machine is a current model and how long the manufacturer is likely to be supporting that particular model of machine. BTW, are the blades interchangable with Morso blades, if they are then sharpening, or spare blades won't be a problem.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer