Secret Charity Exhibition - We Need Your Help

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Secret Charity Exhibition - We Need Your Help

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

After the success of our first Secret Charity Exhibition in 2006 in which we raised £1300, we are holding another charity exhibition in March and are looking for artist to take part.
The idea is that we get as many artist as possible to produce a piece of art on a postcard. The post cards are then signed on the back – not the front to make it a secret. So when people buy the postcards they will not know who it is by until the end of the exhibition. We sell the post cards for £10 each and the charity this year is BreakThrough Breast Cancer.

If you would like to take part email me with your postal address so I can send you a pack with all the details in (you get a postcard and a return SAE to send it back in). john@easternframes.co.uk

If you would like to find out a bit more about the exhibition have a look at my website www.easternframes.co.uk
or Click here to find out about the BreakThrough Breast Cancer charity

Many thanks
John
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Post by w00dward »

That is a great idea John and I hope you have a very successful event. :)
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Just a quick update.
A big Thank You to every one who has asked to take part. I hope you have received your packs in the post.

We have had over 50 postcards returned so far which is fantastic, but we still need more! So if you know ant artist who would like to take part email me with the details. john@easternframes.co.uk

You can also see a sneak preview of some of the cards we have had returned so far on our webcam.
Click here for Sneak Preview (Different postcard each day)

John
prospero

Post by prospero »

Got mine OK John. :D

btw. Do they have to be on postcards? Would postcard-sized bits of mountboard be acceptable?
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Hi Peter
A lot of artist cut a bit of watercolour paper to the same size and then stick it to the postcard as (so I’m told!) the postcard is not that good to paint onto.

We have had allsorts of medium used so far right from traditional pencil drawings and watercolours to woodcut prints and a 3D fabric silk piece.
So you can use anything you like just as long as the postcard is stuck to the back!
prospero

Post by prospero »

Roger that. :wink:
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

There is one of these exhibitions on in Taunton this weekend in aid of Somerset Hospice.

http://www.mitab.net/brief-art/

The organisers of this got a local paper mill to supply 2 pieces of their watercolour paper, one at a5 the other A6, and sent it to 1000 artists and celebrities . I got to put a flyer in each envelope sent out for which I contributed £500. This has proved very beneficial so far!.

Were also enclosing a flyer with every painting sold and I think they have 800 on sale at £25.00 each .

I find this more directed advertising to have a good success rate.

Good luck with your exhibition
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Just a quick update…
We opened the exhibition yesterday with 245 postcards on the wall. And after 2 days we have sold 65 of them! So after the two weeks we hope to of sold out!
Thank you so much to every one who has painted a picture for us.
I will try and post some photos tomorrow.

(Propero, your two sold very quickly. Thank you for your help)

John
prospero

Post by prospero »

Good to hear John. :D
I was somewhat overtaken by events or you could have had a few more. I'll start doing some for next year..... :wink:
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

That looks ace, John: very attractively arranged display! 8)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

it is odd to see Slatwall that doesn't have the odd screwhole in it! some of our boards were used to anchor glass shelves in at one stage, they have the scars,