Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
jon buck
Organisation: Forge Framing Studio
Interests: golf music reading drinking wine and eating fresh food

Mark Thornton (underpinner spares)

Post by jon buck »

Just wanted to put out a shout for Mark Thornton of Underpinner Spares.
Always very helpful with any issues that i have had with my machinery. Even when i am being totally thick ,
He is very patient.
:clap:
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Mark Thornton (underpinner spares)

Post by Not your average framer »

There is also another framing engineer called Neil Stout and Peter Stanlick at Framers Equipment to name two others. I suspect that life might be a bit difficult for these guys, during these difficult times. Please feel free to mention any other framing engineers and maintenance guys, at times like this they probably need the mention!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
JonathanB
Organisation: Dovetail Framing
Interests: Travel, music and gardening

Post by JonathanB »

Mark - I agree and would also mention Jamie Griffiths at TGS Repairs. He's got me out of trouble on a few occasions and is no doubt finding life a bit quiet at the moment.
Jonathan Birch GCF (APF)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Yes, these guys are important to keep many framers in business. Right now we've got plenty of guy framers, buying up quite a lot of the available secondhand framing equipment. Quite a lot of them are counting on hitting the ground with their feet running and it ain't gonna be none too easy for them. Some of us more experienced framers, can get by with equipment difficulties, but probably not the new guys. If these framing engineers and framing maintenance guys, don't get enough work to keep them goingit's not only bad news, for the new framers, but ultimately bad for us too, if something goes wrong for the rest of us, which needs some serious know how to get things fixed.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
jimupnorth
Organisation: Up North
Interests: ...getting back into framing

Post by jimupnorth »

jon buck wrote: Mon 24 Aug, 2020 10:35 am Just wanted to put out a shout for Mark Thornton of Underpinner Spares.
Always very helpful with any issues that i have had with my machinery. Even when i am being totally thick ,
He is very patient.
:clap:
I'm with you on this. What an absolute top chap he is.

I empathise with the "being totally thick" part too, he makes sense of the fog we get ourselves into sometimes.

Only saw him this week for another once over of our machines - some of the best money we spend on our business all year.