Newbie saying Hello and asking for advice!

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Indeed, you won't regret it.

A retired framer once told me to always buy the best - it's cheapest in the long run and will have a decent send-hand value. He said that as he was selling me his Keencut Oval 6.

I've had a Cassese 88 for about 3 years. I bought it 2nd hand and it's superb - far better than the three or four cheaper underpinners I've tried.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Almost every framer I know uses a Cassese, it can't be for nothing. They are well supported, reliable, do a great job and everybody likes them. You'll be glad you got it!
Pharos Framing

Post by Pharos Framing »

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice...my new Cassese CS88 turned up and I have been absolutely chuffed with it. The cartridge system and the adjustments available when pinning corners has made life soooooooo much easier and the quality of my frames has improved dramatically as a result.

As a bit of an aside, I did have a minor problem with one of the small handles that lock the v nail spacing bar. For some reason it locked and wouldn't unlock and then when I tried to unlock it the spring and handle came adrift! I just wanted to sing the praises of Lion who supplied the machine. I sent an email to Lee Tandy (Sales Director) and a couple of days later I received a new part free of charge. It's good to see that you can still get good service in this country.
Pharos Framing

Post by Pharos Framing »

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice...my new Cassese CS88 turned up and I have been absolutely chuffed with it. The cartridge system and the adjustments available when pinning corners has made life soooooooo much easier and the quality of my frames has improved dramatically as a result.

As a bit of an aside, I did have a minor problem with one of the small handles that lock the v nail spacing bar. For some reason it locked and wouldn't unlock and then when I tried to unlock it the spring and handle came adrift! I just wanted to sing the praises of Lion who supplied the machine. I sent an email to Lee Tandy (Sales Director) and a couple of days later I received a new part free of charge. It's good to see that you can still get good service in this country.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Best of luck with your new toy, Pharos! Have fun! :)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Post by w00dward »

I got my Cassese 88 from Merlin. Its a great machine which produces good results. :D

Have fun with it Pharos. :D
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Paul
Glad to hear its still gooing and you are happy with it.
John GCF
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Post by w00dward »

Totally, money well spent. Thanks.
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.