interview questions for traineeship!

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
esther-cg
Organisation: Hidden
Interests: Art, framing, music

interview questions for traineeship!

Post by esther-cg »

Hello all,

I'm going to be taking on a trainee in the next couple of months through the government funded "Kickstart" scheme. They cover the costs for a 6 month placement for a young person on universal credit.
I'd like to know what kind of interview questions or tasks any of you have asked/set for interviewees with no experience?
The placement will include all relevant training of course, but it would be nice to have someone who is naturally practical and uses their initiative - it's just how I can glean this information within a short space of time, the first time meeting someone!

Would be very grateful for any advice.
Stay safe out there!
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: interview questions for traineeship!

Post by Not your average framer »

I would give them a practical test and part teacher them as part of the test. If they seem to be looking like they will shape up will with a bit of training and practice, I would be happy enough to go with that. I guess a large part of the question would be how well I get on with the candidate and how well the candidate gets on with me.

A good raporte between me and a member of staff goes a long way and I would assume that there are always going to be things that need working on. Part of the deal is that I would be provided training and the government is subsidising the trainee to facilitate this. I would not be looking to pass, or fail the candidate, but just to get an idea how this could work.

The rest of the process is just a long learning curve, it took me time to get though that learning curve when I first started and different people will take longer, or short time getting through that. It takes a long as it takes, but this trainee needs a start in life and I would at least like to see them prosper. everybody knows that these are difficult times and at least this trainee is wanting to learn and make it a success!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer