Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

KEENCUT - big thumbs up

Post by +Rafe+ »

I wanted to share my recent experience I have had with Keencut and their great customer service / support.

I had an issue with my Futura mountcutter where I was getting inconsistent cuts and couldn't fathom what was going wrong. Keencut C/S team were great at offering advice but I still wasn't getting the results I needed. Their Technical Director (Andy) then helped me to identify the issue which included a WhatsApp 'face to face' chat looking at the machine together. The fault was identified and a new part ship promptly and I am delighted to have my machine back in tip-top order!

I have also had similar detailed support from the C/S team and Andy with my second hand (I think 3rd hand) Excalibur 5000 again helping me to identify the various issues I had.

This all at a time when companies are working remotely and with other difficult challenges, especially in manufacturing.

A big thank you to Andy and the sales C/S team for all of the great support.

I am a customer for life with this level of care and quality for their products and customers!

:clap:
Just Love Art
Organisation: JL Art
Interests: Framing & art loving.

Re: KEENCUT - big thumbs up

Post by Just Love Art »

Hi

I have the same issue with my Keencut futura, sadly I got the opposite response, from Lorna (below), can I ask what part you needed? Mine seems slightly out of square and the cut is approx 1/2mm short;

‘Unfortunately, as it’s a secondhand machine we don’t offer technical assistance. Please visit our website for any further assistance.

https://www.keencut.com/support-category/futura/

Kind regards

Lorna’
Leo
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

Re: KEENCUT - big thumbs up

Post by +Rafe+ »

Hi Lorna,

Sorry to hear you are having problems and that KeenCut haven’t been as forthcoming.

I am aware that Andy has retired from the business.

The issue I had with my machine (new) was with the ‘slide away’ bar. It had a wrap to it. This was causing significant ‘hooking’.

Your issue seems slightly different?

Are you able to speak to the previous owner to see if this was an issue when they had it?

Other than this I would (if you haven’t already) use the manual and check all points with the machine, from ensuring it’s sitting soundly on the bench, without any wobbling (and the rubber feet are in place) to making sure you have correct blades and set at the right depth.

Sorry I’m not much more help.

All the best