Groglass v’s Tru Vue glass

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

Groglass v’s Tru Vue glass

Post by +Rafe+ »

When I first started framing I started using Groglass products and also Wessex Water White glass. A few years on and I am now using Tru Vue for AR70 / Museum glass. The move was mainly due to cost.

Other than the price difference, with Groglass being more, are there any other notable difference worth considering?

I had heard that Groglass was easier to clean ? - I had an issue during the Christmas rush with my Excalibur scuffing the glass (since resolved) and I was spending a long time buffing out smudges with varying success.

I also prefer Groglass packaging, from memory sheets where packed with issue paper rather than Tru Vue using plastic sheets. I appreciate that Tru Vue’s method is likely safer but from a suitability prospective this is also a major factor for me to move back to Groglass.

What are your preferences?

Thanks in advance!
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Re: Groglass v’s Tru Vue glass

Post by pramsay13 »

I use Artglass AR70 from groglass.

I get most of my supplies from Centrado so Tru Vue isn't available but looking at Wessex prices I'm less expensive for my Artglass anyway.

I get 4 sheets at a time of artglass and it is in a cardboard box with plastic sheets in between.

I find it easy to clean, and haven't had an issue with scuffing or smudging.
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

Re: Groglass v’s Tru Vue glass

Post by +Rafe+ »

Thanks Pramsay, I will have a look at Centrado