Keencut Ultimate Gold Nylon bushes

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Mark_R
Organisation: Mark Rodhouse
Interests: Cycling, walking

Keencut Ultimate Gold Nylon bushes

Post by Mark_R »

Hi there,

Has anybody ever replaced the nylon bushes in the Keencut Ultimat Gold, the ones which serve as the cutting head slide bearings? I have been looking to dial out any play within the head & thought that new bearings would be a good starting point. Additionally how much play should I expect to feel within the head of a serviceable machine?

Many thanks,

Mark
+Rafe+
Organisation: Photographer/Framer
Interests: Theatre, film, the arts, a bit of this, a bit of that

Re: Keencut Ultimate Gold Nylon bushes

Post by +Rafe+ »

Hi Mark, have a look on the Keencut website and / or contact their sales / support team. They are brilliant at offering help and you can buy parts direct from them.

All the best.
Mark_R
Organisation: Mark Rodhouse
Interests: Cycling, walking

Post by Mark_R »

Many thanks for that, I previously looked on the web site but when I couldn't find the parts listed for the Ultimat Gold I assumed they would be unable to help. I have just sent them an email so hopefully they will be able to help.

Thanks again,

Mark
Chris_h
Organisation: www.TheUKLandscape.com
Interests: Photography, Football, F1, printing & framing www.Photographyprinting.co.uk

Post by Chris_h »

They normally send them to you free of charge. I got a first set about ten years ago and thought as it's a machine that has been discontinued for a few years it's probably worth replacing again before they stop keeping spares.

They are quick and easy to replace.