Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
MHodson
Organisation: Halo Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Silhouette Cameo

Post by MHodson »

Has anyone used the Silhouette Cameo (particularly the Cameo 4 pro) for any form of Framing?
Michelle Hodson
Halo Picture Framing
242 Elliott Street
Tyldesley
Manchester
M29 8DS
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Silhouette Cameo

Post by Not your average framer »

How does it compare to the Cricut range of machines. I was given one of these as a present, I've had it for a few years, together with some rolls of vinyl. I've even used it, in fact I've never even plugged it in and switched it on. You can't even save your own design on to you hard disk, but have to save them on you own deadicated part of the Cricut website.

I can guess why that is, they set extra cartridges with liberaries of thing which you can cut, using these cartridges, I think that instant access to users own ideas will be helpful to developing new ideas to put in to new cariridges. There are also lots of consumerables which you can only buy from them, such as cutting blades, which cost a fortune. Is it the same with the silhouette cameo! Also will it cut mountboard?
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Silhouette Cameo

Post by Steve N »

I have one but not the '4', I use it mainly for vinyl signs, I frame the shirts for Bath City FC, and I put the 'Season 2020-2021' in matt black vinyl on the mountcard, and a few other jobs using the vinyl on the mountcard, but that's it, Oh! I did my shop sign above the door a few years ago, but have moved now , so pealed them off when I left
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/