backerboard question

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Hopefully we won't need one for a FrankenUser... :wink: :lol:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
osgood

Post by osgood »

Roboframer wrote:Thread has been deleted from The Grumble and if you go back through the topic here you'll see that Warbishop has deleted most of his posts.
His identity has also been removed from The Grumble!

That was a little whirlwind wasn't it?

Yep, I agree that this topic is now a has been and is no longer really necessary, but I don't mind if it stays as a reminder of interesting times!
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

nothing like a good

Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

OMG - take it away - that's my M-I-L naked - with a purple rinse.

Think Kylie - think Kylie - fishnets - ooh - yeah

Oh - cooo-eee - you coming to bed yet dear?

Gulp!
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

:D
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

As most of you know, I don't tend to comment directly on the behaviour of others on the Forum, but in this case I'd just like to offer the following thought.

This thread is not in any way, shape, or form typical of discussions here, as all regulars - contributors and lurkers alike - will be well aware. My concern would be that new members might start browsing this thread as one of their first choices after they join, and mistakenly be left with the view that this type of thread might be typical of Forum discussions in general. That, to me, would be a great shame, because they might not be inclined to stick around and discover all the wonderful things that The Framer's Forum has to offer: advice, wisdom, camaraderie, and great fun, (to name but a few!).

For the above reason, I would prefer to see the thread deleted. Just my two penn'orth! :)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

John wrote:Did you know that Officer Obie played himself in the film Alice's Restaurant?
And to me, that makes him an OK guy rather than the reactionary bully I thought at first.
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Post by w00dward »

John, 4:45am... either your an early riser or pulling an all nighter... :shock:

Moglet, I think I'd agree with your assessment. Now that the fun is over the thread would be better removed. Of course, we could also use in on the front page as a warning to others. Maybe have its own icon of a head on a stake at the gates of the forum! :lol:
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

Bad Posters Beware
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

warbishop

Well, well

Post by warbishop »

I wasnt going to make any further comments on here but I see I need to make one last statement.

I am sure many of you are aware that I was removed from the Grumble yesterday. I knew I would be. I was removed for telling osgood where to go. I was not concerned with being removed in the least. And yes I deleted most of my questions and statements here since it was obvious that I wouldnt be here much either. And again, doesnt matter.

It is amazing to me what has happened here and at the grumble. I came on here, asked a fairly reasonable question and then ended with this mess. All because one guy(osgood) decided he wanted to be rude and insinsitive to the new guy and disect every word and find anything he could to gripe and complain about. That has to be a very cowardly thing to do since I'm obviously not going to to even know how to ask most of the questions I'm asking since I am new.

Whats even worse is that most everyone posting lately on this thread seems clueless as to what really took place. And even though I made a point to say thank you and how much I appreciated everything like a dozen times...... it made no difference. People rarely see the truth, only what they want to see. It was when I moderately defended myself against a rude person, who initialized everything, did this mess start. And this makes me some rogue poster out to cause problems... hardly.

The truth of the matter is, I'd imagine most of the really nice people on here din't get involved with this thread other than to simply read it. Maybe they have been around here long enough that they saw what was going to happen. And yes, I did get some really emails from a few folks saying that they don't post on here very much because of this garbage... and they would kindly give me a link or two to help me out. To those people I'd like to say thank you for everything and to the ones who did actually try and help me without the attacks. All of which were clearly unwarranted.

You know it wasnt until on the Grumble when I cussed osgood out that people even said stuff like, oh his true colors are coming out. LOL Interesting thats all they see. To me, it was a guy fed up with people taking cowardly shots at me hiding behind a computer screen 10,000 miles away. So I lashed out. I figured why not? It wasn't going to stop. they were trying to make the forum joke out of the new guy and I'd rather they suspend me and delete the thread. Makes sense to me.

I think there is always a few people on every forum that simply like causing trouble, even at the expense of hurting or trying to hurt a person who isnt trying to cause problems. Maybe its because this forum is all they have pretty much. Maybe they want everyone to be as unhappy as they are. It's hard to say. Anyway, it doesnt matter anymore.

I would like to say thank you everyone who helped me. I do appreciate it. I wish all the kindpeople here the best. And to those of you who saw what really happened here but did nothing and said nothing... shame on you. Life has a way of dealing with that. And empty honor is no honor at all I would think.

and if the mod chooses to delete me here, it doesnt matter. I didn't see a mod doing the right thing when all this happened and it certainly won't happen now. later.
Mike@GTP
Organisation: Get The Picture Framing & Thegrumble.com
Interests: Framing, technology, electronics. Computer consultant, 3d printing enthusiast, and framer

Post by Mike@GTP »

You were removed only after you went on a screaming tantrum, spouting off more than a dozen obscenities against another user - and even physically threatening a user with harm.

I never saw such an explosive outburst before, in my 24 years of moderating forums. It generated more than a dozen complaints, by email, in the first 45 minutes.

Forums like this one and the grumble are for professionals within the trade. That kind of abuse and behavior are simply unnaceptable, unprofessional, and won't be tolerated. You were removed from the G by one of the other moderators, as were your previous posts.

That's all I have to say about it :)

Best regards,
Mike
Moderator @ the grumble (USA)
w00dward
Organisation: Just here
Interests: 42

Post by w00dward »

Warbishop

I'm mostly a lurker here but I would like to comment.

When new people come to the forums they are normally treated fairly and openly. I would expect them to be open also. When asked, you were not willing to say what sort of 'special' photography you did stating competition. Yet you still expected professional framers to give their advice on materials and techniques so you could remove trade and increase competition for other professional framers in your area. I did find that surprising and I suspect so did others.

I know that the guys here and on the Grumble are proud of the quality of work they produce and that it is of a high standard. It is frustrating for them to see framing work which has been produced by diy framers and artists/photographers who have claimed a high standard/preservation that has clearly damaged the art or reduced its lifespan and value. I don't know you or your work and I'm not saying you fit into this category but when asked it did seem as though preservation wasn't high on the list.

As for the moderation, I think it is very rare that anything on these boards gets moderated. Although things can get a little lively I have get to see it get out of hand like it did on the grumble.

Lastly, I think its a little unfair to selectively edit your comments like you have. It makes reviewing this thread fairly quite difficult.

I wish you every success
Paul.
Paul.

Alcohol does not make you FAT
- it makes you LEAN ….
against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.
beautifulbanjo

from a newbie

Post by beautifulbanjo »

...Wow. That was fun.

Not put of in the slightest!

playfulbanjo
You can hear the dew falling, and the hushed town breathing.