PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
LondonLetterpress
Organisation: London Letterpress
Interests: countryside, photography, art

Refurbished Morso

Post by LondonLetterpress »

Hello everyone
I'm not sure how this forum works but I have joined it on the advice of some customers that I have recently sold refurbished machines to and they are members of the forum, I guess that everyone here already has a Morso but if you are looking for another machine or something different then please feel free to contact me. Recently I have sold some machines to art studios and open studios for print, this is not a bad thing for the framing industry as they have now employed framers to work in-house that would have otherwise been out of work. If you want to see any of my refurbished machines they can be found on instagram and Facebook at londonletterpress.
I am sure that some of the colours I respray them might not be top to everyone's taste but it is the quality of the refurbishment that counts and it ensures that the machines will be in use for many more years to come. We are also offering a blade sharpening service and these will be hollow-ground sharpened, I am in the process of looking at the best way to receive and send sharpened blades and whether or not to offer a courier service or use a P.O.Box, for now this can be done by post. If you have any questions please do contact me .
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpeg
39821172-3D63-49F7-8311-EC2398A375FD.JPG
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Refurbished Morso

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I must say that your photos look great! Are you going to be refurbishing and supplying other items of framing equipment,as well? Such as underpinner and mountcutters. Maybe this could be a worthwhile thing for you to do as well. I hope you also will enjoy being a part of the forum.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
LondonLetterpress

Thanks for your comments

I have supplied quite a few underpinners, mainly cs88 models as they seem to have a good reputation and not too much to go wrong, I've attached a photo of the quality of these I've sold, I am just waiting for a cs299m ultra to come out of the spray shop, it was in really good condition to begin with but had a couple of deep scratches on the paintwork so I though I might as well make it the same standard as everything else, completely back to bare metal and a respray. They are great machines and most of the time being in original condition suits most people but the galleries and artists seem to prefer the resprayed immaculate machines and as I sell them at pretty much the same cost as auction sites they are getting a good deal with a warranty, like the letterpress and bookbinding equipment I refurbish, these machines are completely manual and built to last. Having said that, I'm just finishing a Morso H pneumatic this weekend, not sure if they are popular or not.
Attachments
IMG_1552.jpeg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi,

I have a CS-88 myself and I think these are very good machines. Are you aware that the CS-79 is essentially the same mechanism inside as the CS-88, if you don't already refurbish the CS-79, it miight be an option which you might find worth looking at. After you mentioned bookbinding equipment, that started ringing a few bells in my memory. Are you near cobham and not far from a river across the road? If so I think I may have almost been a previous customer of your many yours ago, I came round to see what you did, but can't remember if I actually bought anything. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since than, I have not been a bookbinder many years now.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
LondonLetterpress

It wasn't me but I do know that many years ago another very good refurbisher called Les used to work in that area, I think he now works from somewhere in Shropshire

this is the Morso H that will be for sale, I've not seen one for sale anywhere and not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, obviously it's not an EH but as it is all pneumatic I guess there is less to go wrong with circuit boards and sensors
Attachments
IMG_1659.jpeg
IMG_1665.jpeg