platic mouldings

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
greenfields

platic mouldings

Post by greenfields »

i have put in a order for plastic frames from simons 12 days ago i am opening a new picture framing service and a gallery in castlederg co.tyrone on monday and have no mouldings is this the norm with this firm or would i be better getting from a new supplier
is there any other supplier that has got a good range of plastic mouldings
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: platic mouldings

Post by John »

Lion Picture Framing Supplies http://www.lionpic.co.uk

Mainline Mouldings http://www.mainlinemouldings.com
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

We have been customers of Simons for 20 years and at the moment we usually receive our delivery the day after placing the order. We are in Lancashire, so I would expect an extra day to get to Ireland. I'd give them a ring to see what has happened.

When we have a delivery problem it is often the fault of the carrier - we occasionally have deliveries sent to a shop in Truro that has a very similar post code to us (TR1 instead of PR1). Sometimes the driver will drop off a parcel for us at a another shop in the area (or vice versa) - It is easy not to check the delivery address on a parcel and assume the driver has got it right, especially if there are several parcels in the delivery and you are busy. The driver may have not been able to find your shop so took the delivery back to the depot.

RobinC
Bagel Framer

Post by Bagel Framer »

Hi,

I use some of Lion's Minerva mouldings - a very good range they are too. A lot of framer's have different thoughts on them.

I very rarely go over the £45 that Lion have as a minimum order charge, but on the two times have had had no problems with delivery. If you live near to Hayes of Birmingham, you can of course go in and collect yourself - therefore you can hand pick your mouldings and you get a 5% discount.

Give them a go - hey Lion, this must be worth a discount to me on my next order....!
David Jarvis

Post by David Jarvis »

Mainlines plastic called polcore is fantastic. As is lions Minerva. You will get both very quickly.
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

Lion deliveries take 2 to 4 days up here. The carrier seems to call the shots but I can cope with this. I would think that you should get similar results in your neck of the woods. Minerva is not my favourite material but it fills a gap at the low end and looks much more expensive than it is. Also nice and cheap to keep a good selection.
Pat
Bagel Framer

Post by Bagel Framer »

I find that if I "bison" the frame together and leave it in the clamp for a day or so then it's fine - Bison's great as it's not instant setting so you have 1/2 and hour to get the corners spot on.

I've also found that whenpinning the frame, a slow action works well too - well, it does on my CS88 anyway.

Sean
dazza
Organisation: EDG
Interests: Framing

Post by dazza »

I think you'll generally find it takes a week for both simons and arqadia to deliver to N.Ireland. Oh and just so you know as it caught me out at the start it will be alot longer aroung christmas so be careful not to promise any customers a date without checking the delivery times as it gets closer to the festive period.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Scopas Mouldings are now stocking a new range of plastics and can offer next day delivery, they are reasonably priced too.
Scopas Mouldings Innovation
FRAME-SUPPLIES.COM
Organisation: WARRENPOINT
Interests: PICTURE FRAMING

Post by FRAME-SUPPLIES.COM »

frame-supplies stock mainline pol core mouldings,we have the majority of mainline pol core in stock.

http://www.frame-supplies.com
Frame-Supplies.com Serving The Framing Industry