PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Bagpuss
Organisation: Adam The Picture Framer
Interests: TBA

Perspex domes for sports memorabilia

Post by Bagpuss »

Hi,
has anyone used those perspex domes for covering sporting memorabilia like boxing gloves, football boots ?
I don't think they look as good as a proper box frame but I thought they might appeal to some less discerning customers :clap: I have seen them used but have no idea of a supplier ...
Any suggestions would be gratefully received,

thanks,
B'Puss
My real name is Adam Laver aka "Adam The Picture Framer", just in case you were unsure ; )
China shop
Organisation: Framing shop & Gallery
Interests: Sport, framing

Re: Perspex domes for sports memorabilia

Post by China shop »

Hi ,

I have used them and found them pretty good, I do both box frames and the acrylic dome. You really need an example framed up in your shop to show it off properly or people can't visualise how it will look. The ones we have used fit a boxing glove or a boot with a plaque or photo perfectly.

We got them from our Mainline rep. not sure if they all carry them but I expect they will. I also seem to remember seeing a flier from Lion saying they have started to stock them but I think they were about double the price we paid.

Hope that helps.

Roger
Roger
superclaret
Organisation: Pennine Framing
Interests: framing,real ale,real ale,real ale.

Re: Perspex domes for sports memorabilia

Post by superclaret »

Get in touch with Dave Quy the Mainline agent, he carries them on his van,fantastic for framing footy boots,boxing gloves etc, tel 07768105434, he lives near Brentwood so I think that is near you?? cheers,