Fletcher 2100

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
markfeely

Fletcher 2100

Post by markfeely »

Maybe someone can help.

I recently bought a second hand Fletcher 2100 mountcutter and have been struggling to cut an aperture which is perfectly square. Its ok for smaller mounts but anything above 600mm in length starts to look odd. its definitely cutting at 89 degree angles or worse.

The obvious culprit other than myself may be the mat guide. It certainly doesnt look square once its been tightened. Ive got to question the design of the lower locking knob. can that really square itself?
it seems a bit arbitrary.

can the mat guide be adjusted?

any suggestions or similar experieces would be gratefully received.
mark
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Fletcher 2100

Post by Steve N »

Hi Mark,

Did you get a manual with it, and did you get the two squaring gauges as well, the squaring gauges are used to check the squareness of the mat guide.
You could also have a look at this old tread http://theframersforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1177 I have been told you can download a manual from Fletcher web site, it will have everything you need to know about setting it up and using it. If all else fails contact John Ranes, he is a member of the forum.

Best of luck

Steve
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
huntvambo
Organisation: Framed
Interests: Music, cycling, drinking, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Post by huntvambo »

Alternatively you could try contacting Roy Rowlands on 01527 558777, he is the UK adviser on Fletcher products.
IslandViewJake
Organisation: Frame One
Interests: Photography, Music, Travel

Post by IslandViewJake »

And of course, ALWAYS lock down thew wide end of the stop FIRST, not the narrow end which has the flexible slider attached!
Vix

Post by Vix »

Did you get the two aluminium squaring fixtures with your machine and the handbook? It's just that sometimes the machine can get out of true which may be causing your problem and these will help to square the sliding guide where Fletcher 2100 is written on it by making a few adjustments. Details are given in the handbook.

Vix
markfeely

Post by markfeely »

thanks for your help, all.

i didnt gert the fixing arms with the machine, but have lined up the support arm myself with a jig.

mark