Forum - profile settings

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Alzibiff

Forum - profile settings

Post by Alzibiff »

Hello,
I have just "turned on" to SKYPE - what a fantastic tool! For the price of a headset or internet telephone, (MAPLIN sell them for around £25), you can talk to people in real time over the internet very very cheaply. A SKYPE account, ( www.Skype.com ), comes free and with this you can talk to other SKYPE users for free. The free downloaded software even indicates when your SKYPE contacts are online and available - and internet telephone calls are free no matter where in the world you or the other party is situated. You can even call land lines or mobile telephones anywhere in the world but because the final leg of the traffic is NOT on the internet but via normal telephone lines, there is a charge - just 1.4p per minute inc VAT for calls to Europe, USA, Australia ... I have spoken to my pals in Sweden in this way - and it works! (You need to sign up to SKYPE OUT and pay up front for calls - sort of pay as you go, minimum outlay is £5).

However to my question - I cannot seem to add my SKYPE name to this forum's profile settings. For some reason, I have my SKYPE name in the MSN Messenger settings and cannot change it. Any pointers on how to change this setting? (I HAVE changed other bits in my profile, (added 'UK' to my location) - just to confirm that I am not totally incompetent!).

Thank you, Alan - Maybe speak to you soon!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Sorry the forum is being a bit neglected recently, so only just discovered your post. Hopefully your Skype link is now working.

There is a known problem with adding/editing SkypeNames from within the profiles. So anyone who is having similar problems, please drop me an Email or PM and let me know.
markw

Post by markw »

SKYPE now do a pda version - if you have a new smart phone or pda running windows mobile version 5 then you can add skype - you can then log on to a wifi link and make very cheap calls - free to other skype contacts. I keep in touch with my elder kids via skype for free - great bit of technology.