Football Programmes

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
jeyelle

Football Programmes

Post by jeyelle »

Hi Everyone

Firstly a happy New 2006 to everyone here, and hope things are going well so far.

Hope someone can help, as I've been requested to frame some old football programmes, and have no probs on the design etc, but any any idea of the best way to attach them, bearing in mind the weight (all be it they are light....) so they don't fall forwards, if that makes sense.......

Hope someone has some ideas and look forwatrd to hearing them.......

All The Best

Jeremy
Framing Norah

Post by Framing Norah »

When framing booklets, magazines, etc., we tape them shut first in two or three places using an acid-free tape, but excluding the front page which is left free to open. The booklet is now rigid enough to be mounted in the usual way without fear of sagging.
FN
norymags
Organisation: Picture This Framers
Interests: Photography and Motor-homing.

Post by norymags »

When I was asked to frame some 32 Programmes altogether I decided to get permission to remove the internal part of it, and all we did was mount the covers onto the rugby club colours mountboard and frame it. It was the easiest option and of course give back the insides for safe keeping.
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Football programmes

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi,

Usually we would do like norymags, and remove the insides, but we replace the insides with either 3mm or 5mm foam core, to help make it look more like the original state, and give it some stability, and then float it on an undermount, using conservation corners, or conservation tapes on the rear of the item, depends what the client wants. Using the corners, means you dont have to remove the inside pages, or tape them together, as it wont fall open whilst hanging, they are not usually that heavy.

I just had in yesterday, 2 magazines, where the client had a piece written about him on 4 pages, (hence the 2 magazines) I explained about taking out the other 76 pages from each magazine and replacing with foam core for effect and stability, etc., his own solution....take the 2 pages from each magazine, stick them down onto black mountboard, make them look as if they are hanging in mid air, mount (white) begins about 15mm from the image, a 2 1/2 inch mount border, and plain flat black frame, with the headers from each magazine along the top for 'dramatic' effect. Its not worth nothing to anyone else he stated, its for his office. No pretence to protecting the paper or text.

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre