Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
niall
Organisation: abbeyfeale
Interests: sports

course's

Post by niall »

does anyone know of any course's in ireland on picture framing?
Dermot

Re: course's

Post by Dermot »

Chances are wont get better than this in Ireland.

Steve McKee who runs the course has a real passion for the business.

He training will give you a real head start in the business.

http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk/page4.html

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the venture.

If I can help in any way give me a call on 087 2575059
emeraldart
Organisation: Cork
Interests: Sailing, Cycling, Hill walking

Post by emeraldart »

Cregal art in Galway also advertise a five day one to one course with option of exam at the end. I dont know anything about the course. Looking at the itinerary the first day is an introduction to the workshop and equipment but doesnt seem to allocate a lot ot time to cutting and assembling but maybe you can tailor this to you own needs www.cregalart.ie
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Niall,

If you wish to give me a ring 07545 262404 or send an email stevemckeegcfadv@aol.com please do so. I do not know anything about Cregal Art's course, suffice to say that by the end of the first day, and after he complusory safety instructions, you will have cut lots of mounts, i.e. single, double, double with V Groove, made a frame, cut glass and backing, all as an introduction, then over the next 4 days we 'refine' your skills. Details can be found on http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk then follow the links to Course and look at the 5-Day or 10-Day courses, see which one take your fancy.

We do not offer an exam at the end of the course, no course should, but we offer GCF exams twice or three times per year, in March / April or October / November using either a UK based external examiner or from October this year he new examiner from Northern Ireland. As a GCF Examiner myself, I would be unable to test you, it wouldnt be ethical.

Many thanks to Dermot for the rave review, and like he says I have passion for ths business and hopefully pass that passion onto all my students.

Hope to talk soon, agai MANY THANKS DERMOT....your a star!!!

Stevn
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
SquareFrames
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Niall (again)

Sorrry, I neglected to mention 2 things 1, we have a deal with a local B&B at £27.00 (Sterling) per night, by all accounts (and by all those that have stayed there over the past years) the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are comfy and the people who own it make hospitality their watchword and therefore the 'craic' is good too. Dromore where we are based has 2 or 3 decent pubs, a few chippers, 2 Chinese take aways, 2 pizza sits in or take away, 1 Kebab place and a 2 cafes.......so plenty of cheap eating places, and we are 9 miles from Lisburn, 18 from Belfast and fro Banbridge, so plenty of other night life. And 2 we would like all students to have the new updated GCF Study guide, you can get this from the Fine Art Trade Guild 020 7381 6616, at least then you would understand the terminology, standards, etc. used in the business.

We also do 'onsite' training, where I come to your workshop and train you on your own machinery and your own environment, the only difference being, you pay my B&B.

Regards Steven
GCF Examination Centre
niall
Organisation: abbeyfeale
Interests: sports

Post by niall »

thanks to evryone for the help will def be getting in touch
niall
SquareFrames

Post by SquareFrames »

RHi Niall,

We are on holiday until the 13th Sept, but if required you can reach us anytime on 07834 787487. Hope to talk soon

Stevie
GCF Examination Centre